PSP Industries, formerly Peninsula Steel Products, was found in 1957 by Edward Stirm in San Jose, California. Edward had a vision more than 60 years ago of supplying American steel products throughout the United States.
In 1969, Edward Stirm opened PSP's first plant in Schertz, Texas under the name Monotech. PSP/Monotech would go on to provide fabrication for the Power Generation, Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Automotive, Cement, Co-Generation, Petrochemical, and Commercial Structural Steel industries for fifty years.
By 1981, Edward Stirm had fulfilled his dreams and sold Peninsula Steel Products and Monotech to Harold Dornsife with The Herrick Corporation. In 1988, led by current Chairman of The Herrick Corporation David Dornsife, Peninsula Steel Products and Monotech became PSP Industries.
Throughout the 1980's, 90's, and early 2000's PSP Industries saw increased demand for larger and more modularized products. This need for modularization sent PSP to seek out a place that provided access to the Inland Waterways of the United States. In 1985, PSP Industries - Mississippi was founded in Iuka, Mississippi. With a new facility located near the Yellow Creek Port, PSP Industries could now meet the needs of customers who desired faster turnaround on site with modularized products.
As the demand for modularized projects increased, PSP Industries - Mississippi needed to expand. In 2001, PSP opened the newest facility along the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway in Fulton, MS. Unlike the facility in Iuka, where items went one mile by rail to Yellow Creek Port, PSP's Fulton facility is located directly on the waterway. Thus, allowing for even larger modularized projects to ship anywhere along the United States Waterways.